Free School Meals
Parents/guardians in England do not have to pay for school meals if they receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and your annual income is below £16,190 (as worked out by HM Revenue & Customs)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week
All infant age pupils (Reception, Year 1, Year 2) are entitled to receive a free school meal. Although infant children will automatically receive a free school meal, families who are in receipt of one of the benefits above should complete an online application form as we can still receive the Pupil Premium Grant for your child. This is £1,320 per eligible child. We would ask you to apply even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 so that we are able to receive this funding.
Click on the link below to fill out the online form to apply for Free School Meals or Pupil Premium Funding.