From EYFS to Year 6 we use the Music Express scheme of work to teach music.
This scheme provides a clear and concise skills progression that focuses on the following:
- Singing (Use of voice, rhythm, dynamics and movement).
- Playing instruments (Creating sounds, body percussion, simply notation and dynamics).
- Improvisation (Using tuned instruments and percussion).
- Composing (Writing simple beats, raps and genre specific music).
- Listening (Cultural specific music, different genres and effects of changes in key and harmonies.
- Appraising (Identifying patterns and pitch, analysing different types of music and self assessing performances.
Music Express Curriculum Maps and Skills Progression
Instrument Lessons (Whole Class and Peripatetic)
In addition to our whole class scheme of work, the following instruments are offered at Rosedale Primary School through our partners at Doncaster Music Service:
|Guitar||Peripatetic (Small groups)|
|Ukulele||Whole class (Year 4)|
|Drums||Peripatetic (Small groups)|
|Brass||Peripatetic (Small groups)|
|Recorder||Whole Class (Year 3)|
Lessons are currently offered to Year 5 and Year 6 pupils and if your child is interested in learning an instrument, please contact school to discuss your requirements.